Tuesday 20 May 2008

Chinese Trains-lation

Life has been busy!

Last week, my sister and I spent the day with my cousin Aaron, who was here from Toronto for my Granny's funeral. Kaeli, Joel and I took him on the LRT with us to go vote for Natasha's Vue Box at the art gallery. We talked a lot about the train systems in Edmonton and Toronto (and San Francisco!) as we rode the friendly rails of Edmonton's Transit System.

When I got home, I had an email from my long lost friend Abby with a link to a video of a train in China. It is insane. When I was in grade 7 social studies, I remember learning about the special "pushers" on the trains who wear white gloves, but I never could quite imagine it. Until I saw this. Incredible.

On another only marginally-related note, the song "Chinese Translation" by M. Ward is pretty much awesome and you should listen to it. In fact, I really like the whole album. I put it on while I was hanging out at Joel's house last week while Kevin D. was giving him landscape architecture insights (very helpful and impressive insights, I might add). Since then I have been itching to buy it for myself.

In retrospect, this post didn't really address the fact that life has been busy, so I guess you will just have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment