Monday 11 August 2008

Dream House, Almost

Design*Sponge is my favourite blog (other than ones that my friendly friends write). And my most-visited website, after email and google and fb and such. I like the internet, but I am not as 'good' at it as mr. jk is. I run out of websites to check really fast, or just can't find ones that keep my interest. However, D*S definitely delivers on that point.

Every week the blog does a sneak peek of a different house or apartment or studio space and while there are usually random things in each sneak peek that I like they aren't usually exactly my tastes. Of course, that is not that surprising since we are all different people (r. dieter original), but today, someone who is not me came up with something alarmingly close to my ideal.

Photo borrowed from www.designspongeonline.com

More photos of my almost dream home can be found right here. I love the farmhouse charm and that it achieves it without being too kitschy. Of course there are a few things I would do a bit different, but not many, actually.

Three more cheers for D*S, and a touch of jealousy that I am not a design blogger.

4 comments:

  1. Drawing party with new friends? Yeeeeeeees pleeeeeease! See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,
    Can I have your telephone number? This is Landon, I am mc'ing Simon and Marn's wedding and I need to talk to you.
    you can email me at holden.riemer@gmail.com, so please do.
    Thanks,
    Landon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helo can I have your shoe size? This is Natasha. Just kidding, I know your shoe size...

    You should be a design blogger. design blog your house! You can do mine too if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been 16 days since your last post.

    Also we're watching Eagle vs. Shark at my place at 7:30 if you and your man want to come...

    ReplyDelete