Thursday 29 July 2010

He asked, I said *nods head vigorously*

Joel took me on a bike ride last week and asked me to marry him. Apparently, my answer was *nods head vigorously* followed by ”...yes”! I’m not sure I remember that part but he says it’s true.


The proposal was fantastic and lovely, which was no surprise, especially when the proposer was the king of orchestrating surprises.

But I was surprised by how great it was telling people the news.  I have lovely friends and family and am so glad to be with someone who they all love too.  Thank you everyone for being so happy for us, and for telling us so.

I might spend a bit of time posting some of my favourite reactions to the news. There were a couple of real winners.

3 comments:

  1. lovely news! very happy for you two! remember back in the days of the "encyclopedia of bad ass" and hoped he'd be a winner for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly the sadness of not being the first respondent. I explain that I spent six hours at the Sundre hospital for a *$@#)! ^&($)@%*$ (not my own, ailment encoded to ensure full protection of the ill's identity). Sadly the sadness.

    Happily the HAPPINESS because you and Joelly are gettin' hitched. I want to hear what these favoured responses are. I WANT TO HEAR. Post away, posty.

    ReplyDelete