Monday 31 January 2011

champs, for various reasons.

About a week and a half ago, I got a call from my friend Kerry at 11:30 p.m. There was all sorts of noise in the background and she sounded frantic, demanding that I HAD to send her the criteria and instructions for the cleanse BEFORE breakfast the next day.  This was a matter of life and death, as she had eaten too much sugar that day and somehow I was the one responsible for fixing that fact in a timely manner.  So, I rallied myself and got the task done.  Before breakfast as I had been instructed. 

So, I texted her today at lunch to ask how the cleanse was going and got this interaction:

Bb: How is cleansing going?
Kp: Cleansing? What?
Bb: Dude you called me at 11:30 p.m., demanding the directions for the cleanse before breakfast, and now your response is "what?"
Kp: In our friendship contract, one of my explicit responsibilities is to keep your life interesting. Just fulfilling my end of the bargain.
Bb: You are ridiculous. I am blogging this.
Kp: I demand royalties.
Bb: Cool. When I get a book deal I will give you a dollar.
Kp: Contract says 15%
Bb: Friendship currency is priceless

High drama with Kp. She is right though, she keeps me entertained.  Also, now I get to feel smug because she flunked out of the cleanse, and we, on the other hand were TOTAL CLEANSE CHAMPS.  And, as predicted, it totally had its expected effect of sparking a new wave of interesting and better home cooking.  Seriously, worth it just for that.  Favourites included: homemade hummus, quinoa salad with zuchinni, tofu baked in braggs and sesame oil, delicious soups, and chili-lime pan-toasted almonds.

1 comment:

  1. Aesthetically, I like how Bb looks, better than how Kp looks. I never even really started the cleanse. But I did eat much, much better with its instructions in hand. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CHAMPIONNESS.

    ReplyDelete