Thursday 19 January 2012

Icy, Icy

Winter has come to Vancouver, albeit a moderate version of winter compared to the great Albertan usual, but winter nevertheless. There is snow, and temperatures in the below-zero range, and everyone is talking about the weather.

It's pretty snowy in Seattle too, and apparently they have called in the National Guard to help them out. A situation which has led to a comic by The Oatmeal, that was true and funny: "Every time it snows in a big city, everyone is having the exact same conversation".

And, an icy fountain from my walk home from the grocery store tonight:


That is all. Good night.

7 comments:

  1. HEY! Comments are working today. I like that picture. Interesting that you choose the light colours on Instagram and I choose the dark ones. Must say something about our personalities. Also, I like The Oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the frame that is associated with this filter. I do like the lighter/glowy photos though, you are correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a certain quality to west coast snow that I miss. I think it's the chunkiness of the flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally, had that conversation eleventeen times last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I can comment now, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to see you and Joel last week! looking forward to the next time... meanwhile, you've been tagged ;) just for some time wasting... http://www.dreamingovertheocean.blogspot.com/2012/03/11-things.html

    ReplyDelete