Thursday 5 February 2009

Something to look forward to

"Taco in a bag" is fast becoming a favourite dinner party choice for me and a certain bunch of friends. We had our second T.I.A.B. night at the end of the holidays and it was, once again, a hit.

Also added this time was a couple of incredible rounds of Pit. I'm not kidding about it being incredible. We used to play Pit when I was little because my parents had the deluxe edition with the orange bell, but over time we ended up using the bell to play school instead of actually playing pit. So the game was more of a distant memory for me when we started playing. I can still picture the styrofoam card-and-bell holder that we had colored on with Mr. Sketch markers in an attempt to make it prettier. This beautification attempt was a failure, just in case you were wondering.

Steven took a video of a round near the end, after too many snacks and beers, without any of us knowing it. Steven is behind the camera and counter clockwise around the table are Joel, Reba, Kevin, and me.


As you can see, it was one of those nights that we never could have planned.

In other news, I am now completely wisdom toothless. It feels so good to know that I will never have to get them out again. I realize that I am not safe from other dental calamities, but this is one thing that I have been dreading pretty much since I was 10 years old. It feels good to get it off my list of things to not look forward to.

9 comments:

  1. you are a dentist super star! let's make creepy jewelry out of your teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's actually clockwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video reminds me of this autistic kid I used to baby sit. That or a bunch of people with Turret's sitting around...

    ReplyDelete
  4. tash, you're just jealous. and yes, kerry, it was clockwise. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that game looks so fun! and i usually HATE games! can i play it with you sometime?

    my favourite part of the video is when your hand starts snaking back and forth (at about 1:35) and finally ends up going crazy and shaking up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caylie: I'm glad you noticed that part at the end. I get a real kick out of it. I have been trying to get my hands on my own copy of PIT, so if I do I'll invite you over for a round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I can't believe I actually watched all 1:45 of that video. So funny, but now I'm tossing out numbers at random "two two, give me two" "one, i have one" and it's almost like a little song... thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. bethany,

    i think we should MAKE our own sets of pit. it doesn't seem that hard, right? we could steal graphics of all the commodities off the internet, and then put a cute background on the back of all them (mine would be brown with yellow polka dots), print them off on the cameron library color printers, and laminate them! it would probably cost just as much as a real set would, but it would look exactly the way we wanted it to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. caylie: pit-making party. my house. sometime.

    ReplyDelete