Sunday 4 October 2009

The mounting obsession with coconut

I decided last minute that Joel must have coconut cupcakes for his birthday, so I headed to the grocery store over my lunch break in search of some vanilla cupcake ingredients.  I planned to just buy some coconut and sprinkle it on top of them as a finishing touch, since the two of us have been egging each other on in our coconut obsessions.  In the cake section, I found a boxed 'Barefoot Contessa' coconut cupcake mix, so I took it as a sign and bought it.  It was amazing.  And the cupcakes were beautiful.  


 
And the birthday boy was happy.

3 comments:

  1. i made chicken the other day, and guacamole, and they were quite tasty. together.

    you are a kitchen wonder girlfriend. i can't decide if "girlfriend" is a reference to your relationship with joel, or a "sister chick" kind of reference. hopefully the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I went away this weekend and missed those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that your recent blog posts are so pictoral.

    ReplyDelete