Monday 6 December 2010

Life Lessons

When I was in high school I spent part of one summer volunteering at a sort of resort-camp for teenagers, and had to fold a lot of fitted sheets.  They are a pain in the butt to fold.  The supervisor showed us a pretty good way to fold them, but they are still a pain in the butt and never look as nice as you want them to.

Then in university, I was friends with one or two guys who lived in a house full of boys, and I have a really distinct memory of hearing them tell the story of learning how to fold a t-shirt in an amazing way where it works almost perfectly every time.  Apparently one of the roommates had learned and was showing the rest of them, and they were all so amazed that they were practically cheering at the results.  Five or six guys cheering over a folded shirt is a sight I would have liked to see.  Here is a video showing the way they were doing it...



Anyways, when I came across this video I had to share.  Partly because I want to be able to find it again when I need it.  I hate the way that fitted sheets are always bunchy on my shelf.

9 comments:

  1. sweet find! where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. on apartment therapy! we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah, i found it on a different blog and posted it to facebook at the same time you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh...blogging at work.
    i even tried this...it works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Apartment Therapy till both you and Tash posted about in the last 24 hours. Weird. Also, I just did a dang fine job of folding a fitted sheet, without youtube's help. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joel, I would so give you credit if I reposted from you.

    Kaeli, love that you commented

    Kerry, why you gotta be a snob about your sheet folding abilities?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerry has to be a snob about something, HA.

    My favorite part of the video was they guy's ta-dah face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Bethy; I've been reading back through your blog cause it's been awhile since I checked it out. I love these two YouTube videos you posted! I'm having a little trouble getting the fitted sheet one to work with a sheet that has elastic all the way around but I see there's a link to Martha Stewart showing how that's done so life is good. I'm sure both these have stood you in fine stead in your married life to date. Onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't mastered the fitted sheet either, Grace. It's tricky!

    ReplyDelete