Friday 14 March 2008

Planet Earth, Mole Rat

As a contrast to the late Veda, Click HERE to see something truly terrifying. I was expecting it to be scary from the thumnail, but not this scary. Did you know that the mole rat featured in the picture at the other side of this link uses the Earth's Magnetic Field when burrowing? Fascinating.

Further in the vein of being fascinated by the creatures of the earth, I think I would like to watch more "Planet Earth". I have only seen it once before, but it was incredible. And Mel was telling me about this bar in Calgary that she went to last weekend where they had it playing on their TVs after the hockey game finished. I thought that was a classy idea.

8 comments:

  1. um, no. still disturbing. they eat their own poo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should have a planet earth night.

    "Coitus is breief and perfunctory".

    I really do want to though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked and now I regret it. I am going to have nightmares.

    Thnaks for coming tonight, good to have you (and baklava).

    ReplyDelete
  4. my friend kaylin LOVES mole rats because they are so interesting. mostly, they just make me think of "mome raths" (in lewis carroll's "jabberwocky") because of their name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so used to not commenting on your blogs I still feel like I can't. And I also feel like this comment is less that stellar to be my first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do not think i will recover from that. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is the most disgusting creature ever! even their diet is disgusting. i'm curious to know what benefit the earth has because of their existence...i can't think of one.

    ReplyDelete