Sunday 10 October 2010

The reverse penthouse

More than two chaotic months ago, I moved.  I feel like I've hardly been home since the August long weekend (a good chunk of that was vacations, so I'm not complaining!), and it's just now that I am finally starting to catch up and feel like my little place is becoming a home (for now, even if not for long).  Anyways, I meant to post "before" pics when I moved in and just didn't get around to it, so here they are now...

 Above: the living space, complete with laminate floors that help it not to feel so basementy and a little fireplace which means I can control the temperature down here.  Whooo! Also, it's totally big enough for a living room space AND a desk/sewing area behind.

 Above: my bedroom.  Well, they were drying laundry in there when I took this photo, but you get the idea. 

 The shared laundry area, in progress with painting.

 My little bathroom.  All mine.  All white.  All the time.

 The kitchen, before I got my hands on it with a can of paint.  It has those cute metal retro knobs and is actually pretty spacious considering it's a little basement suite.  Or, reverse penthouse, as my friend Amy would say.

So, that's the idea.  Yay for my new place!

2 comments:

  1. Cool reverse penthouse! I'm excited to see what you do with the place. What colours will you paint? How will you decorate? The suspense builds! (Okay, I can see how that could be interpreted as mockery since I just sent the last two nights at your house but just so you know: I am also genuinely excited to follow the unfolding of making a reverse penthouse a home on the interweb.) With love!

    ReplyDelete