Wednesday 20 May 2009

But I don't want to buy an RV to go with my new mop...

It's no secret that I miss my old, dear work friends. I complain (more than I probably need to) about not having real friends at my new job - a fact that is made worse by awkward conversations with new co-workers and multiple invitations to tupperware parties. Forceful invitations. And requests that I host a tupperware party at my house. And that I ask my friends if they will host them too. It makes me angry. Not a good way to forge a new frienship in my opinion.

And now, the promised transcription of a conversation. This is with someone who I have declined to host a tupperware party for...

Her (almost inaudibly): Hi, how are you?

I keep working, not noticing that I was being spoken to

Her: so, I think we are going to ‘go green’ with our cleaning supplies.

Me: Oh, Hi. That's cool

Her: we went to a Norwex party on the weekend and they had lots of cleaning supplies. Environmentally friendly ones. I think I want to buy the mop.

Me: oh, cool

Her: It's like $130 mop and I already have the other mop that was $70 from princess house. It's a steam cleaning mop. You plug it in and it heats up and cleans. The new one though - the $130 one - is really good for cleaning flies off of the outside of your RV.

Me: cool. I heard you can use vinegar as a cleaning supply if you want to avoid the harsh cleaners. And lemons too. They are better for the environment too.

Her: Yeah. Well, like I said to Keith, you could just go to parties all the time instead of going out. There's the princess house party, the tupperware party, the norwex cleaning supplies party, and even parties where you can buy clothes. You don't have to go out at all. You can just go to parties that people host in their homes, right?

Me: *dies a little*

3 comments:

  1. TRANSCRIBED CONVERSATION POSTS ARE THE BEST!!!

    As is using all caps.

    Also no one should ever spend more than $20 on a mop and even then it would be tough for me.

    Additionally you should tell the tupperware peeps that you don't believe in tupperware and only use containers you've bought things in ie. sour cream, penut butter, yougurt etc.

    This is the most epic comment ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this post as well, but for different reasons. I'm still not sure I completely get it. You were being sarcastic about friendship-forging and tupperware, right? I, for one would go to your tupperware parties. Just let me know when.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i kind of love this.
    i want to meet this girl so i can put a face to her stories.

    ReplyDelete