Sunday 3 May 2009

porcelain veneers will make you beautiful







I went to Calgary last weekend for my job. Most of the work I have done in the past four months has been getting ready for our annual conference and awards gala, so I was actually pretty excited to go. Also, I’ve had a "long distance (work) relationship" with the girl who does my job in the Calgary office, and we get along really well, so I was looking forward to seeing here again and working with her in person. Especially considering the lack of friends I have in the Edmonton office (blog post to come later with transcription of awkward work conversation with non-friend at work).

They put me up in the Fairmont Palliser hotel, which is a fancy hotel in downtown Calgary. The first thing I did when I got to my room was hop onto the bed and set up my camera for some bed-jumping photos. Maybe would have been a cooler thing to do if I wasn’t all by myself, but hey, what else was I going to do? Then every night I was there I stayed up until 1 a.m. watching “Style by Jury”. They think they can make anyone attractive by giving them porcelain veneers on their teeth. And the weird thing is that they sort of can. Thank you mom for making me get braces (against my will) in grade ten.

3 comments:

  1. I want porcelain veneers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing that you were jumping on the bed alone makes it even better as far as I'm concerned.

    P.S. I caught like two minutes of that show the other night. It's kind of awful. This woman was trying to give another woman lessons on how to sound like a woman. I still really don't get that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess who has porcelain veneers? it's me.
    guess who is still not beautiful anyway? it's me.

    i like your bed jumps. i'm not much of a bed jumper, but i'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete