Tuesday 5 May 2009

talking in four locations


After I was done with my work duties in Calgary last week I met Kerry, Mel, and Kaeli and spent my Friday night with them. It was so excellent to be hanging out together. I can’t say that we have spent a lot of time together as the four of us before, but we have spent a lot of time in various combinations, each with the other. Mel lived with our fam in university for a while, and eventually had Kerry as a roommate. Despite their amusing differences (want to know more? ask me about the Spiderman-Kleenex-in-lieu-of-toilet-paper story) they got along. Basically we moved from talking at Starbucks in Marda Loop to talking at Opa to talking at Mel’s house and then out for a drink to talk some more. It’s what we do. And it was a good time. I love my friends, and I am MAD AT YOU ALL FOR MOVING AWAY. Natasha, this includes you even though you haven't left yet. Didn't you guys learn anything from Anne of Green Gables? You aren't supposed to go looking for your ideals outside of Avonlea. Gosh.

3 comments:

  1. okay, i'm part of the story and i don't know what you're talking about. the Spiderman-Kleenex-in-lieu-of-toilet-paper story? WHAT??

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the antagonist in the story, ker. i'll tell you on the phone sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll move to Avonlea. Maybe we all should?

    I definitely have heard that story before.

    ReplyDelete