Friday 22 May 2009

See ya later, Toots

I went to see a terrible movie last night with Kerry, Natasha, and Nathan. Despite the awful movie, something happened at the theatre that made me laugh harder than I have in at least a year.

As we grabbed our seats Tash took off to the bathroom and about a minute later I decided I had to go too and headed in the same direction. I got to the bathroom just as Tash walked out of the stall, so she saw me go into the stall as she went to wash her hands. As I walked into the stall Tash was walking out and saw me but didn't say anything.

I realized right away that I had chosen a stall right next to the only other person in the whole washroom, which is a slight breach of bathroom etiquette, but what can you do...so, to make it worse, the person in the adjacent stall let one rip as they did their business. Right away, Tash was all "Whoa!" from where she was washing her hands.

I remained silent, not wanting to further embarrass the person next to me by yelling to Tash that it wasn't actually me who had farted, but rather the person next to me. As I realized that she probably had no idea there was anyone else in the bathroom, I started to laugh but tried to hold it in. I just sat there in the stall shaking with laughter. Then the person let another one rip, and Tash yelled out "See ya later, Toots!" and left the bathroom.

I about died with silent laughter, and when I got back to my seat, I was pretty much beside myself as I tried to fill Tash et al. in on what had just happened. Maybe it's immature, but it was also amazing.

5 comments:

  1. i really like this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much the best blog post I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am going to post about my distaste for matthew mchiwetjhaowghaskld. yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for my morning laugh!

    ReplyDelete