Thursday 10 March 2011

House Tour: Part III

If I don't get cracking on this house tour I won't manage to show it to you all before I move out again.  I'm sick today, so now that I am finally up and have cleared the fog in my head a bit, I decided I would post this and make the most of this bit of free time. Oh well, it's more important that I have been enjoying my little reverse penthouse, right?

To recap: Here is the place before I moved in, the entrance, and the bathroom

Now the kitchen. Joel and I painted it together before I moved in, which was a vast improvement over the yellowed-over-time look that the paint had before.  As well, I am obsessed with this vintage aqua colour, so it was fun to finally be able to slap it up on the walls somewhere.

It's a pretty big kitchen for a one-bedroom place, although not a lot of counter space.  Below you can see the stove, with the fridge to the left of it.  The door to enter my place is further left from there.


And here you can see my little window, which looks out on a view of underneath the deck!  Ha ha.  Oh well, it's surprising actually how much light gets in there.


There is another, bigger window over by the table, so that's nice. Here you can see my mix and match chairs paired with a table that I scrounged from my sister in law.  It actually was one of the farm tables from my mom's side of the family, so that's fun to have. And to remedy the hideous 90s light fixture, I suspended three IKEA paper lanterns around the fixture so obscure the view of the glass and metal track light.  Works for me, although Joel is constantly hitting his head on them.  Good thing they are paper and don't hurt.


A zoomed in view of the table...

b

And another view that shows the sink and the amazing pantry to the right!

And here are shots of two of my favourite finds for my kitchen.  These canisters have a little chalk board label that is pretty much adorable.  I found them at Winners downtown on my lunch break. I got there a lot and it's always a crapshoot whether you are going to find anything cute.  I think I like that about it because it sort of feels like thrifting. Even though it's totally not.

And these cute little caddies are thrift scores.  I found them at Value Villages in different cities, but they were these identical wooden boxes painted dusty pink.  I painted them white and now they are adorable and useful. I have no idea what they are for, but I use them to hold jars of oats, brown sugar, quinoa, rice, protein powder, etc. And I have a few ideas of how to use them for wedding decor. 



So, that's the kitchen.  And it only took me 8 months!

7 comments:

  1. You totally deep cleaned for that photo shoot. I like the daffodils. And, what is wrong with dusty rose, palski? Seriously. Dusty rose all the way. (The crates look super cute.) I generally envy your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use it in smoothies. dangit i knew i should have omitted it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to notice that, tasha. i totally didn't MWAHAHAAHAAA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely digs! Hey, when you're my cousin-in-law, could you also be my go-to for tips on interior decorating?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, YES! We can egg each other on in our love of thrifting!

    ReplyDelete