Tuesday 22 March 2011

A reasonably attractive robot

So, I shut down my trusty old Xanga account this morning.  I figured it was time.  I couldn't help but save this post though...
* * *
today walking around in joel's new neighbourhood, we made a friend when he struck up a conversation at the crosswalk...
 
guy: do you go to university?
joel: yes
guy: does your girlfriend go to university?
joel: no, she works
guy: OH, so she supports you
joel: yeah.
guy: so what do you take?
joel: science
guy: genetics?
joel: no
guy: nanotechnology?
joel: errr, no
guy: oh, well, i'm not worried about dying because they can make you live forever now.  you know, like take your DNA and put it into an attractive robot
joel: an attractive robot??
guy: well, a reasonably attractive robot.  see you later!

4 comments:

  1. you're kidding right. you signed me up for it and then forced me to use it. you were the one who coined my online username, bethaneebee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever see that guy again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think so. unless he is a robot now and i just didn't recognize him.

    ReplyDelete