Friday 26 November 2010

Bathroom Pics, House Tour Part II

I like having my own bathroom.  It's pretty sweet.  As I mentioned a couple of posts back, I have been working through all the random bathroom products I own and have acquired, and having my own bathroom has definitely helped me to focus those efforts because I know that everything in there is mine.  It's enabling the crazy.

 It's a really small little space, but it's all white and pretty cute.  There is no vanity or countertop since the sink is mounted on the wall so I mounted a little shelf on the wall to hold some of my stuff.  Hair elastics and bobby pins go in the little teacup, and the clock keeps me on schedule in the mornings so I'm not late for work, right? right?
 The cupboard above the toilet is totally awesome and holds a ton of stuff.  And the little baskets nailed to the wall are a storage solution from my first little place that I lived in years ago, which was a small room in a tiny attic (servant's quarters) apartment in a mansion overlooking Groat Road in Edmonton.  I had almost no closet space, no storage, and no space in the shared bathroom to put anything, so I nailed them to the wall and became strangely attached to their functionality.

Two of my other favourites are the bath mat and the shower curtain.  I hate bath mats that show footprints on them, because they always look sort of used and dirty even if they aren't really.  Plus I can't get enough of stripes so this bath mat won me over right away.
 The shower curtain is a terry cloth one with a grid pattern.  I loooove it.  Also, note the lavender shampoo that smells amazing but unfortunately doesn't work very well.  Dang organic shampoo.
And that's my bathroom.

4 comments:

  1. You have done well with a tiny space indeed! I like the buckets on the wall especially. Or am I imagining that there are also bucks on the wall? They're not in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but you loved MY footprints on the bathmat, right? right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is one little bucket on the wall. you are not imagining it.

    lisa, i did love your footprints on the bathmat. that was a fun summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I have been negligent in keeping up with my comments. I like your bathmat. And your shower curtain. And your little baskets. And the shampoo does smell really great.

    THUS CONCLUDES THINGS JOEL THINKS ABOUT BETHANY'S BATHROOM

    ReplyDelete