Tuesday 30 November 2010

Goodbye, NaBloPoMo

A month of posting every day wraps up with this very post.  It's been a fun challenge and I'm glad I did it.  An added bonus is that my daily readership has more than quadrupled since I started the challenge, which isn't saying much because it was only sitting at about 6-10 readers daily.  Ha ha.

I supposed that depending on who you ask I didn't quite suceed.  I faltered due to Harry Potter with only 6 posts to go.  I didn't clue in that going to the 10 p.m. show meant that I wouldn't be home in time to blog before midnight.  I did blog before bed that night though, so in another way I think I suceeded.  Depends how letter of the law you want to be about the whole matter.

A few of my reader friends have been asking what I'm going to do with my blog now that it's over, and I'm not exactly sure.  Hopefully I can just ride on the momentum of this past month and post more regularly.  We shall see. 

One thing that blogging every day has made me realize is that I don't have very many friends who blog, and those who do don't do it regularly.  It's a bummer.  I like reading the blogs of my friends.  I read lots of random people ones but it's not the same.  I have blogs of my friends on a reader and every time I logged in in November it was always Kerry's posts because nobody else was posting.  It was nice that Kerry was NaBloPoMo-ing it up as well though.  And she actually succeeded I think, so WAY TO GO KER.  Also to Nicki.  Whooo.  It was much more fun knowing you two ladies were in it with me.

3 comments:

  1. You have a tag for "Peace Out"? How often do you plan to peace out from your blog?

    I have succeeded, unless I screw things up today somehow. It could still happen. I should have registered for the NaPoBlo thingy, I could have won a prize. I hope you do keep blogging; I'm going to miss the daily updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethany! I've been creeping on your blog for a while now (perhaps years?) but didn't realize until I read this post that I never told you about my loyal readership. I've got you on my google reader. Lovely posts and pictures. Your apartment looks dreamy.

    Hopefully see you at Christmas! S and I fly to Edmonton on Dec 18.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, my tag system is a mess. In fact, there is no system. I just tag them for fun when I feel like it.

    Jen, I'm glad you commented. It's way more fun knowing who's reading. See you over the holidays I hope!

    ReplyDelete