Saturday 27 November 2010

Royal Bison, Lap Dog with Reindeer Antlers on, Royal Bison, Lap Dog, Lap Dog

Today was day 1 of the Royal Bison Art & Craft Fair.  My friend Natasha of Pretty Sketchy drove up (with her little dog, Pencil, and her sister and friend.  I usually sit at the booth with her.  Sometimes I sell some stuff, other times I just sit around and hang out.  It's a good time.

This time I'm selling a few pairs of earrings I made from the jewels off an old chandelier and the last pair of fabric flags from last time.  Tash, on the other hand is selling a whole bunch of great stuff.  Postcard packs, limited edition prints, adorable printed tea towels, necklaces, stationery sets and cards.

The show was pretty busy for most of the day.  We snuck in Tasha's little dog friend Pencil after we finished setting up and she slept in a box under the table. I used to say I hated lap dogs, but I'm not so sure anymore. Pencil's pretty cute.  We spent a whole lot of the weekend doing stuff with her and for her.  Like...

Tucking her into Kaeli's high-waisted pants.  Like a marsupial pouch.
Altering a cat costume that I bought at the dollar store to fit her little head.  The cat costume was too big for her.  Note Becky's one-piece PJs.  With footies.
 Here is Pencil wearing the completed reindeer costume.
 We spent half the day doting on her and letting her sit in our laps while we worked at the Royal Bison
 And letting her sleep wherever she wanted.  Even on the price sheet.  Come hang out with us tomorrow and bring us chai lattes if you want.

3 comments:

  1. I feel ... I just ... I just don't get it. I don't get why people see lap dogs as anything but oversized rats. I can't do it. I want to, because I love Tasha, but I can't.

    Also, you totally MISTITLED your blog post, which was about Pencil not the Royal Bison. Therefore, I will not bring chais when I come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There. I retitled it. Bully. Now you have to bring chai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pencil is a very well behaved rat who I completely forgive for peeing on me. Maybe one day we can be friends and she won't have to shake uncontrollably when I hold her. Maybe even we could play fetch with a custom squeeky ball. I think I know what I'm getting Tash for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete