Sunday 7 November 2010

Hipster Central


So in September I got to eat some really great french toast in Seattle.  Some genius decided to make a toppings bar with a crapload of fresh fruit.  Pretty  much the dream of everyone's life.

 Highlights of the Seattle trip included Natasha's hipster glasses (Seattle is full of hipsters and plaid, by the way) and watching her text.  When she lived here she was a vocal anti-cellphone type, so I really enjoyed watching her do it.  She was posing, trying to look distressed and bad at texting.  I think it worked.
 We spent a lot of the week just wandering and shopping, reading and eating deli take out food on the beach.  This is a cute garden shop in U-Village.  Below is a picture of my cute friends at the cute shop.



And, Tash graciously took us to the Pike Place Market several times.  They have the most amazing flowers there.  I wish we could get Dahlias easily in Edmonton.  Dahlias and Lavender are two seriously lacking things in our city.


We had a few really beautiful days and one of them just happened to be when we were down by the beach in Edmonds.  We took some cute pictures, but I like this one below because I was imitating Kerry's fake smile from one of the other photos we took. Good times.

5 comments:

  1. I am so going to post about the stateside adventure, too! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really great picture of french toast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kerry: love the flossing pic you posted

    joel: i totally took this picture for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The White Owl Earrings! I miss them.

    ReplyDelete