Monday 8 November 2010

Marcel the Shell

I had a great weekend.  My friend Natasha was here from Seattle to hang her show at the Sugarbowl.  I might post about that tomorrow because everyone should go see it and buy something.  Other highlights included my sister returning from the west coast (YAY) and hanging out with a four-and-a-half pound dog!  Cute cute and more cute. 

 
Last night, we wrapped up the weekend with a yummy dinner made by the newlyweds Megan and Joel.  Conversation circled around whether they were officially grown ups now that they are married and have a nice place to live and can cook dinners for people together.  But then we started watching youtube classics and all of a sudden it didn't matter whether we were grown ups or not. 

 
If my friend Megan was a youtube video, I think she would be this Marcel The Shell (with shoes on) video that she showed us last night...

 


 
She is shockingly good at the voice.

 
Watching this youtube inevitably sent us on a revisitation of a few classics from this past here, so I figured it was worth sharing links to a few faves.  Two funny, and two cute.  Shane Sings 5 Octaves stands out head and shoulders above the rest though...

 

7 comments:

  1. Freaking stinking jealous. Jealousy is bad for my soul, but I am so, so choked that I wasn't there. I feel neglected, even though I'm the one who moved away. Good thing Kaeli visited me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!

    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!

    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!
    ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, the bunny video...to die for. So cute. This is why the internet is good.

    Kerry, don't make us feel bad because of our fun. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (my name's joel and i'm gon sing five octaves on th' piano)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't really find the octave one all that funny at all. maybe it's the kind of thing you need to watch with a group of people.

    but the marcel the shell one!? good lord! i watched it 5 times. i can hardly handle how adorable it is.

    good post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caylie: pretty sure I watched that octave one all by myself the first time and almost peed my pants. Ah well, I'm glad you liked Marcel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and Megan, It makes me happy that you like the bunny video.

    Joel: it took me a minute to figure out that your comment was you, typing five octaves.

    ReplyDelete