Wednesday 10 November 2010

We're still high fiving and I want to keep it that way


I haven’t really blogged about much to do with my wedding yet. I am (we are) finding the planning process to be pretty fun (with dashes of stress here and there). Lots of times, weddings seem to spin out of control and become stressful.  So, one of my main goals is to make sure that as much as possible, this process remains FUN for us and focused on creating an end result that is a meaningful day topped off by a superduper party. What's the point in planning a wedding together if it makes you want to claw each other's eyes out?

We've already had a couple of spontaneous high fives as we were chatting about planning. One of them was in a cande-lit corner of Culina Mill Creek. Not exactly a high-fiving kind of atmosphere, but it didn't matter because there was just too much awesome to not high five. I believe the other high five happened early on in the planning process as we were riding our bikes down the middle of an empty street late at night and chatting about wedding stuff. That's right people, we can ride bikes and high five at the same time.

We're just over 3 months in to planning and we have almost all of the big details in place: church, officiant, reception venue, caterer, flowers, photography, an almost-finalized guest list, my dress, his suit and a few other things.  We'd be patting ourselves on the back if we weren't too busy HIGH FIVING EACH OTHER. Just sayin'.

Anyways, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we are able to keep things fun (I know life's not entirely about fun, but I think that a very large chunk of it should be) most of the time. Oh, and also that we won't buy in to the ridiculousness that says we have to spend our life savings and take out a 2 million dollar loan in order to have a nice wedding.

3 comments:

  1. high five! i took out a two million dollar loan so i could buy the fastest computer of all time and write comments on your blog! pow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found someone to do your flowers, eh? Eh? Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry: it was SUPER hard to find someone! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete