Wednesday 3 November 2010

The Daily Good

There is a hard copy magazine called "Good" that has awesome design and quirky content.  One of their big things is to be all about sharing information in attractive and well designed ways that are both interesting to look at and easy to understand.  The first time I saw it I spent a long time reading an article about subway systems in major cities around the world.  That's a subject that could go either way in terms of interesting-ness, but it was so visually awesome that I really got into it.

Since I try not to subscribe to too many magazines (they stack up and I find it hard to get rid of them because I think of them as almost-books) I didn't sign up to receive the magazine, but I did sign up for "The Daily Good", which is basically one good thing a day, sent to your email account.  It's fun, and the things they send are surprisingly awesome and intersting, if not a little heavy on the bicycle news which is understandable since bicycles are generally awesome.

One of my favourites was this prototype of a station wagon bicycle.  It's funny and great all at once. In one of the pics it is even holding an adult as a reclining passenger.

I am a bicycle enjoyer and latent bicycle commuter.  Heavy emphasis on the latent.  But we won't talk about that.
I borrowed a pic here from designboom.com which I linked to above.  If you click through the link there are some images showing it in use, but here it is in all of its glory.  Think of all the excellent things you could do with this!


4 comments:

  1. I miss my station wagon (vehicle). I wish I was less remiss of a biker. Did I spell remiss correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also: a metafilter thread on new bicycle designs (none as practical as this though): http://www.metafilter.com/96215/Look-at-these-crazy-bikes-These-are-future-bikes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, your spelling of "remiss" was not remiss.

    Joel, I LIKED HIS CHAINSAW TOO!

    ReplyDelete